Here is a list of helpful tips From Susan Trimmer with Towne Mortgage of the Carolinas to ensure a virtually effortless loan approval. These DO’S and DON’Ts
will help your buyers avoid delays in getting their
- Don’t make a major purchase (car, boat, jewelry).
- Don’t apply for new credit (even if it says preapproved).
- Don’t open a new credit card.
- Don’t transfer any balances from one account to another.
- Don’t pay off charge offs without a discussion with the Loan Officer first.
- Don’t pay off collections without a discussion with the Loan Officer first.
- Don’t buy any furniture.
- Don’t close any credit card accounts.
- Don’t change bank accounts.
- Don’t max out or over charge on credit cards accounts.
- Don’t consolidate your debt onto 1 or 2 credit cards.
- Don’t take out a new loan.
Don’t start any home improvement projects
- Don’t finance any elective medical procedure.
- Don’t open a new cell phone account.
- Don’t join a new fitness club
- Don’t pay off any loans or credit cards without discussing it with the Loan Officer first.
- Do continue making mortgage or rent payments.
- Do stay current on all existing accounts.
- Do continue working at current employer.
- Do keep the same insurance company.
- Do continue living at current residence.
- Do continue to use credit as normal.
- Do call the Loan Officer if you have any questions
Marianne Howell Wright~Your Triangle and Chapel Hill Neighborhood expert