Briar Chapel is almost 1600 acres with 2400 homes planned and 900 acres of open space. There will be 24 miles of trails when complete. There are about 14 miles of mountain bike and walking trails now.
- I’ve done several neighborhood videos. Here is the first. Things have changed a lot in 7 years especially the prices! It’s still the best value around Chapel hill though.
- What I like about the neighborhood
- Is Briar Chapel for you? There a few reasons the neighborhood may not be a perfect fit.
- The Commute and Driving distances to Briar Chapel
- Briar Chapel Pricing
- Briar Chapel Builders
- Saussy Burbank
- Homes by Dickerson
- David Weekley
- Garman Homes
- All of the Briar Chapel new and resale homes for sale
- 44 Cardinal Ridge Road Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- 174 Landover Circle Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- 324 Cardinal Ridge Road Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- 144 Landover Circle Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- 300 Serenity Hill Circle Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- 89 Salt Cedar Lane Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- 60 Harlow Bend Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- 42 Sunnyside Court Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- 583 Tobacco Farm Way Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- 101 Meadows Edge Drive Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- 598 Boulder Point Drive Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- 612 Boulder Point Drive Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- 1256 Great Ridge Parkway Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- 586 Boulder Point Drive Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- 1676 Briar Chapel Parkway Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- 70 Salt Cedar Lane Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- 183 Bennett Mountain Trace Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- 63 Rock Ledge Drive Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- 489 Beacon Ridge Blvd Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- 466 Bennett Mountain Trace Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- Briar Chapel
- Share this:
I’ve done several neighborhood videos. Here is the first. Things have changed a lot in 7 years especially the prices! It’s still the best value around Chapel hill though.
What I like about the neighborhood
Here is a link to the Homeowner website and newsletter.
I’ve been bringing clients to Briar Chapel since the neighborhood first opened because there just isn’t anything like it in the Triangle. Several things set the neighborhood apart from others.
- First is location. There just aren’t many new homes in Chapel Hill and it is great to have new home inventory to show.
- Price is the next attraction. Homes have gone up since the neighborhood started but the prices are still the best for what you get in this part of the Triangle. Briar Chapel Homes for sale
- There are 7 builders and they are good. They range from national and regional builders to small custom builders. Price ranges from the low 300’s to 900’s .I think a neighborhood with competing builders keeps the designs and details fresh. Competition is good.
- The neighborhood is certified 3rd party green, both homes and amenities. The clubhouse is LEED gold certified. The National Green Building Standard (NGBS) is a program that certifies homes depending on the points received for green building practices. Briar Chapel builders must meet at a minimum the Bronze level of the National Green Building Standard (NGBS) . These building guidelines are given to the builders to follow.
- Incredible amenities. The salt water pools with huge water slide, trails, parks, schools, clubhouse, activities director and events. I’ll tell you much more on the rest of this site. Briar Chapel November and December 2017 newsletter
- The schools are very good with a middle and charter school in the neighborhood and a elementary school scheduled to open in 2020.
- Varied demographics because of the different home styles and prices.
Is Briar Chapel for you? There a few reasons the neighborhood may not be a perfect fit.
- At least for now it’s not a walkable neighborhood. Shopping and things to do are close by but you will need a car. You could easily bike to Fearrington Village but would have to cross a busy road. There is a light.
- It’s 15-20 minutes to Whole Foods but there is a Harris Teeter about a mile from the entrance. Did I mention that the entry parkway is almost 2 miles long?
- The lots are very small. Some back to woods but the lot size just won’t do for some. It is a trade off to get the new house.
- There will be construction going on for a long time. When you move you will be competing with new homes. The good news is that home have been appreciating even during the downturn when the neighborhood was just starting. There are separate construction entrances and development is in phases and goes fast.
- There isn’t public transportation. There is a park and ride in Southern Village but that’s 10 minutes down 15-501.
Briar Chapel in Chapel Hill, NC is a large mixed use neighborhood in Chatham County, NC (Chapel Hill address). It’s one of the best new neighborhoods because of the location, builders,prices and amenities.
It’s a straight shot of around 7 miles down 15-501 to UNC Chapel Hill on a 4 lane road so it is a quick easy commute. The prices for new homes In Briar Chapel are the best in the area and I really like that the amenities are in and that the neighborhood is well maintained.
The first buyers in a neighborhood get the best prices but have a greater risk that the neighborhood won’t be developed as planned. I feel good when there are signs that the developer has deep pockets and will be around for the long haul. The Developer is Newland and here is a link to their site.
December 2017 Update! Today there are around 1200 families living in Briar Chapel. There were almost 300 homes sold in Briar Chapel in 2017. 3/4 of those were new construction.
The Commute and Driving distances to Briar Chapel
The University of North Carolina is 8 miles and Duke University is 20 miles. RDU Airport is 25 miles.
Briar Chapel Pricing
The average sales price in Briar Chapel is around $360,000. Price per sq ft. ranges from around 150 sq. ft. to over $200 sq ft. I’ve represented buyers in all price ranges. One thing to keep in mind is different builders have different pricing structures so you can’t go by base prices. There are usually lot premiums and structural and design center options. Garages can be attached or detached.The best way to tell true pricing is to look at the inventory (move in ready pricing). If the home has started the lot premiums and options are usually included.
Briar Chapel Builders
Saussy Burbank is one of my favorite builders because the houses are well done and ready for the walk through. Here is a client showing off their new kitchen.
Homes by Dickerson
They are a true custom builder and will build your home however you want as long as it meets the neighborhood architectural review. Homes by Dickerson builds a classic home with all of the latest updates without being too trendy.
Update December 2017!! Yikes, the plan I loved in 2013 is about 100K more expensive! Still, the Briar Chapel prices are about as good as it gets in the Chapel Hill/Cary/Apex area for the build quality and amenities.
Update September 2015!! In italics below is what I wrote three years ago. Homes in Briar Chapel have steadily appreciated so those prices are gone. With the higher prices you do get a more established neighborhood.
Next we went to the new Homes by Dickerson model. (It’s sold now along with just about all of there inventory homes. They have a lot under construction for Spring 2013 completion) I fell in love with one of their plans in Briar Chapel during the Parade of Homes in October and was looking forward to seeing their new model for the smaller homes. I’m sort of stuck on white cabinets now with a light top and a plain light backsplash and their designer is great with this look although they do darker cabinets and tops too.
Their model is 2,004 sq ft and is $333,185. What I loved about this plan is the first floor master bedroom and the upstairs open family room area with 2 bedrooms and a bath opening from it. There are two big areas for walk in storage. Homes by Dickerson have site finished floors and especially nice and interesting trim details.
It was getting dark and my husband was ready to leave Briar Chapel and go home but I managed to get him to go to one more home. I have worked with David Weekley in the past and know they build a good energy efficient home. Their plans are excellent and you get a good price along with the good plan. The features are really nice too. I especially like the customer service and how they are so proud of their homes.
Encore is a neighborhood within Briar Chapel by David Weekley Homes for over age 55 buyers. The floorplans are open and bright. There is a separate clubhouse and pool for this neighborhood and other Briar Chapel amenities are shared with the neighborhood. Prices start around $400,000 with lot premiums and some design center options.
Garman has been building in the neighborhood for a couple of years and they have their own style. They are also a local builder with their main office in Cary. My clients who have built with them have been very happy. They have an interesting concept for one of their home collections. They make buying simple by having pre selected packages for each home plan. There is a beautifully designed package for each of the most popular design styles so you just pick your home plan and then choose your style package. It’s easy and more efficient for the builder too and that’s reflected in the prices. You can get a 3 bedroom home with attached garage for under $400,000. If a detached garage or no garage works for you the prices can even be in the upper 200’s for the Fresh Paint collection!
If you would rather choose all of your finishes yourself, Garman has a really nice design center with designers to help.
I’ll get back out to Briar Chapel again soon and do a video update.