These Chapel Hill neighborhoods with a community pool are in the Chapel Hill/Carrboro City Schools. A community or neighborhood pool is a wonderful way to cool off on a hot summer day and a good way to get the kids outside and having fun. Meeting neighbors is easier with a natural neighborhood gathering place. In some neighborhoods the pool is included in the HOA dues and in some it is a voluntary membership. Some of the pools are open to membership outside the neighborhood so if you really want a community pool check and see if outside memberships are allowed. It may open up your search to more home possibilities.
Let me know if you would like more information or insight into any of these neighborhoods.
- Stoneridge/Sedgefield Swim and Racquet
- Larkspur Pool
- Lake Hogan Farms (pool fee included in HOA dues)
- Wexford (pool fee included in HOA dues)
- Sunset Creek pool (pool fee included in HOA dues)
- Southern Village pool
- Map Property listings 1 - 2 of 2 1 View As: Thumbnails List Sort by: Select Price, Low to High Price, High to Low Newer Listings First Older Listings First Open House Date 107 Greenview Drive Chapel Hill, NC 27516 Price $620,000 Beds 5 Baths 5 Living Area SqFt 3,127 Status Pending MLS # 2185848 Property Type Detached View Property Details 204 Greenview Drive Chapel Hill, NC 27516 Price $372,000 Beds 3 Baths 3 Living Area SqFt 1,656 Status Pending MLS # 2174563 Property Type Attached View Property Details Property listings 1 - 2 of 2 1 Ridgefield/Briarcliff pool info
- Claremont (pool fee included in HOA dues)
- Winmore (pool fee included in HOA dues)
- The Oaks (Chapel Hill Country Club)
- Meadowmont (pool owned by the YMCA)
- Neighborhoods in Chatham County (Chapel Hill address) with a neighborhood pool. Chatham County has lower taxes and good schools
- Governors Club,Briar Chapel,Westfall,The Preserve at Jordan Lake all have community pools.
- Governors Forest, Governors Park, Governors Lake, Governors Village,
- Share this:
These neighborhoods are north of town. Developed in the early 1980’s Stoneridge was the first phase. The 2nd phase, Sedgefield, was developed later in the 1980’s. I-40 was built after Sedgefield was developed and some of the homes have road noise. The neighborhoods have large 1+ acre lots with prices in the $400’s and up. The homes are of varying styles, contempory (1980’s style) and traditional. The convenient location between UNC and Duke, the beautiful lots, and neighborhood amenities help compensate for the dated interiors of many of the homes.
Larkspur is in North Chapel Hill convenient to I-40 but not so close that’s it’s a noise problem. There is a railroad track running through the neighborhood. The only train using the track delivers coal to the UNC power plant and doesn’t run often. Homes are in the $450,000-$800,000 range.
Lake Hogan Farms (pool fee included in HOA dues)
Wexford (pool fee included in HOA dues)
Wexford has 1/2 acre lots and has been built out since the mid 1990’s except for a few homes built several years ago on Traemore. It’s across Homestead Road from Lake Hogan and connects to other Carrboro neighborhoods. Homes are in the upper 400’s and up to around $700,000 Here is a quick video with some neighborhood info.
Sunset Creek pool (pool fee included in HOA dues)
There are only 68 homes in this neighborhood within walking distance to Mc Dougle Schools. More info here. http://chapelhillneighborhoods.com/sunset-creek/
Southern Village pool
Residents of other neighborhoods can join the Southern Village Club and Pool. This is great because there are several neighborhoods within walking distance.
Ridgefield/Briarcliff are older neighborhoods built in the 1960’s. Prices are great, mostly in the mid $200’s to around $400,000. The lots are pretty and the location is great and on the bus line.
Claremont (pool fee included in HOA dues)
Claremont is by the same builder/developer as Larkspur and followed along shortly after. It’s been very successful and a new phase is planned across Homestead Road from the current phase. Prices are in the 400-700,000 range. Home plans are traditional with some builder design features that are different and set the homes apart in style. The big drawback I hear is that the homes are very close together. Large homes on very small lots. I think that in a few years landscaping will grow up and soften the street scape.
Winmore (pool fee included in HOA dues)
Winmore is adjacent to Claremont with similarly priced homes. More about Winmore here.
The Oaks homes for sale (some homes in the Oaks are in Durham County and Durham County schools)
Meadowmont indoor pools
Neighborhoods in Chatham County (Chapel Hill address) with a neighborhood pool. Chatham County has lower taxes and good schools
Governors Club,Briar Chapel,Westfall,The Preserve at Jordan Lake all have community pools.
Governors Forest, Governors Park, Governors Lake, Governors Village,
These neighborhoods are located about 7 miles south of Chapel Hill. They all share the pool, tennis, playgrounds, common area lake (small). The Amenities are located in Governors Park and the use is included in the HOA dues.